Coming Soon! Choose Your Scheidt Adventure!
In the 2022-2023 Program year, we will be running two Scheidt Seminars, one online and one in person. Registration has not opened yet. In the meantime, please complete this Expression of Interest Form for either (or both) Seminars. When registration opens, we will contact you directly.
The 24th Annual Scheidt Online Convenings for Congregational Presidents, Co-Presidents and Presidents Elect will take place:
- Online from October 27-30, 2022
- In-person (Location TBD) from April 20-23, 2023
* Please note: While you can inquire about both seminars, you can only attend the Scheidt Seminar once.
Whether online or in-person, join your peers from across North America to learn from top notch Reform movement scholars and professionals, network with each other, and share ideas about how we move our congregations into the future.
Either way you attend, you will receive so many good ideas and so much important training that will help you and your congregation jettison into the future.
The URJ Scheidt Seminar
Since 1998, the URJ Scheidt Seminar for Presidents and Presidents-Elect has engaged over 1,700 congregational presidents. Funded through the generosity of the Scheidt family, the annual URJ Scheidt Seminar convenes congregational presidents to learn, network, build relationships, and enhance leadership skills. It serves as a springboard for learning throughout presidents' terms.
In four short days, participants will:
- Learn and network with the leadership of the Reform Movement
- Discuss solutions to everyday congregational problems
- Improve leadership skills
- Increase Jewish knowledge
- Meet and network with presidents of other Reform congregations
- Share successful program ideas with other presidents
For more information, contact ScheidtSeminar@URJ.org.