Membership in the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ), the umbrella organization for North American Reform Judaism, provides access to outstanding resources, support, and learning opportunities from throughout the greater Reform Movement, all of which can enrich and strengthen your congregation.
Network and Learn with other Congregations, In-person and Virtually
- The URJ offers a range of affinity programming for congregations with similar needs and interests, including presidents, small congregations, large congregations, membership chairs, finance chairs, and others.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to join intensive learning cohorts, which bring congregations together to learn from each other and experiment.
- Learning opportunities and guidance are available in in many areas, including: engaging post-b'nai mitzvah teens, young adults, and families with young children; leadership development; lifelong Jewish learning; outreach and conversion; social justice; rabbinic transition management, and more.
Gain Access to Experts and Valuable Resources
- Receive timely responses – by phone or email – to your specific questions from an expanded team of Knowledge Network professionals.
- Access The Tent, the URJ’s online platform for communication and collaboration, where you can participate in online discussions about all aspects of congregational life, access meaningful content and resources, and network with an exclusive online community of Reform Movement leaders.
- Take advantage of expertise offered by professionals in many areas of synagogue life, assistance resolving clergy-congregation disputes, and placement services for your synagogue’s clergy and other professionals.
- Participate in programming and initiatives of The Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism ("the RAC"), the Reform Movement’s non-profit advocacy center in Washington, D.C., that educates and mobilizes American Jewry on legislative and social concerns.
The URJ Offers Something for Everyone
- Sign up for discounts on products and services – from insurance to office supplies – to save your congregation money.
- Your congregation’s clergy, educators, and other professionals can take advantage of professional association memberships and, for clergy, employee pension programs.
- For your community’s young people, the URJ offers life-changing Reform summer camp experiences in our vast and diverse camping system; travel, study, and work programs in Israel for Jewish teens and young adults; and a network of temple youth groups for students in grades six through 12.